Thursday, April 14, 2011

Waiting...

I went to a women's conference a few weeks back and Priscilla Shirer taught a message on living in the now, finding what God has for you NOW. Stepping out of the "If I can just get to ______ next step" mentality. What a great message!!! It is SO hard to do!

I was talking to Adam the other day telling him that I have been having a bit of a hard time. I feel right now, like my life is a waiting game. Waiting for news on our house, waiting to have another kid, waiting for Silas to get better, waiting to get a dog. Waiting on some miracles and waiting on some little things. Waiting is HARD. I don't like waiting, never have. I will drive out of my way to just keep going vs. sit in traffic. I will hold it for an hour to avoid waiting in line to pee. I don't like to wait. God, what are you doing here? Why am I stuck in the middle of this lesson?

Sitting in the waiting room the other day while my mom was in surgery, I had an ample amount of time to think and to really dwell a bit on the lesson I learned a few weeks back. What have I learned from all of this waiting?

1. God is faithful and good, no matter what. Whether something happens or doesn't, it DOES NOT change the goodness of God.

2. God's timing is more important than my own. He knows. He sees far beyond what I ever could or ever will. His timing makes perfect sense.

3. If I keep sitting on the sidelines "waiting" for the perfect play or move, I'm going to miss the game. God has something for me to do and to learn right now. If He didn't, I would not have woken up this morning. I need to seek out God's purpose for THIS moment.

4. Eyes are watching me. My little people look to me to see how to act or react. I want to teach them contentment and JOY. Even when it is hard, I have to step back and see ALL God has given me and done for me. He DIED for me. If I was sitting alone on the side of a road somewhere, that would be enough. I want to teach that lesson to my kids.

So, I will continue to wait and pray. God is faithful, He hears me, my prayers are not ignored. That is enough. I will CHOOSE joy and contentment right now. I know, in the midst of waiting, God has some things for me to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment