Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Conversation About Jesus

Aidyn and I had a conversation about Jesus tonight on the way home from church. We named all of the people Jesus loves (as many as we could, including a few stuffed animals).

"Jesus loves Aidyn, Jesus loves Archer, Mommy, Daddy, Gigi, Poppi, Tiny, Bunny, Elmo, etc" Archer also chimed in with a "Jesus wuvs us" in an Archer speak that melted my heart.

Talked about how he made everything and named as much as we could...

"Jesus made the tress, grass, mommies, daddies, puppies. At puppies she exclaimed "He did!? Oh! Thank-you Jesus! That's good! That's so nice!"

As we were pulling onto our street from the back seat she said "Uh-Oh, Jesus, are you okay?" (She asks this of people often, but not sure what prompted it tonight) She said "Jesus, do you have a boo-boo?" I took the opportunity and told her Jesus did get a boo-boo for us, at which she exclaimed very distraught "OH-NO!" I told her he got a boo-boo so we could go live in Heaven with him but that God made His boo-boo all better.

It was a sweet moment that just kind of presented itself. I am not sure how much she took from it, but I figure it planted a seed. She is so sweet and caring, she was genuinely concerned for Jesus' boo-boo. I will keep planting these seeds.

We also blessed the kids in our church tonight and it really made me think about how much I really don't go beyond "Jesus loves you" with Aidyn. So I said this blessing over her tonight (out of Numbers) and plan to say it out loud to her often.

"May the LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace."

Sweet moments with my little girl who is growing up SO fast. I want her to KNOW she is the daughter of the King and that His love for her is beyond anything she could ever imagine. That she has an inheritance far beyond earthly silver and gold waiting for her. I was blessing the middle school girls with these words tonight thinking about my own girl who will be facing all the things these girls deal with before we know it. Lord, give me strength, cause that scares the crap out of me.

3 comments: